Registration from abroad
If you are moving from abroad and going to establish residence in the Netherlands for a long period (a minimum of four months within six months), you must report this to the municipality.
You must register in person within 5 days after your arrival.
Make a personal appointment for your registration within 5 days after your move. You can make an appointment by telephone number 14 0320 or make an appointment. Do you have a partner and/or children who are also going to register in Lelystad? Then they are expected to come along to the municipality for the appointment. Indicate for how many people you make the appointment.
If you lived in the Netherlands before, you still have to make a personal appointment to re-register again. In this case select the product Verhuizen - vestiging vanuit buitenland.
- A valid document of identity (passport or identity card) of every person to be registered.
- Your valid residence document (if applicable).
- A proof of deregistration when you come from Aruba, Curacao, Sint Maarten, Bonaire, Saba, or Sint Eustatius.
- A rental contract or contract of sale of your home. Or authorisation for lodging from the owner of the residence. For this purpose, have the owner of the residence fill in this declaration of authorisation for lodging form (toestemmingsverklaring hoofdbewoner voor inwoning). Please note: you cannot be registered until the commencement date of your lease or purchase contract.
- Original documents from abroad of yourself and your children, such as certificate of birth, a marriage certificate or deed of divorce.
Only English, German and French documents will be accepted without translation by a sworn translator. Foreign documents have to meet rules for authorisation of foreign documents. These rules depend on the country where the documents were issued.
It can take up to 4 weeks before your registration is registered in the Basic Registration of Persons (BRP).
Telephone 14 0320